HOTEL UEBERFAHRT TEGERNSEE
Ueberfahrt – a name that stands for more than 135 years of hospitality and highest hotel culture. Josef Hoeß founded the “Gasthof zur Ueberfahrt” on the banks of the lake Tegernsee in 1837. The ferryman gave the “Ueberfahrt” (crossing) its name, which retains an important meaning to this day. Still today, a traditional Bavarian oarsman docks at the hotel´s landing stage and brings guests to the banks of the Egerner Bucht on a daily basis. Even then, the guest list of the “Gasthof zur Ueberfahrt” was studded with celebrities: Ludwig Thoma, Leo Slezak, Prince Rainier of Monaco and many other spent countless recreative days here.